Openly Celebrating Christ

This evening we were walking through Best Buy (getting a new digital camera for our Christmas present...yay!) and Dylan was singing "Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!" I was really impressed with singing! I walked over to him to tell him that I loved his song and I realized he was carrying his little Bible. He held onto that little Bible the entire time we were in the store. At one point he dropped it and was so upset. That Bible means a lot to him!

Today I am thankful that we live in a place where my 3 year old son can sing his heart about Christmas while carrying his Bible through a public place. There are so many places around the world where Bibles are forbidden and singing about a Christian holiday might get you killed. We live in an area were these freedoms are so often taken for granted. This Christmas, I want to thank God for the freedom to openly celebrate the birth of Christ. We all ought to sing our hearts out just like Dylan! (And imagine if we all carried our Bibles around and referred them often!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes