Church on Christmas

If it were up to me, we would have church every Christmas!!

Before we went to church we were having a very busy and somewhat stressful Christmas morning. I was a little overwhelmed with getting everyone ready, opening gifts, making breakfast, traveling to and from Lexington, etc. Once we got to church, I felt like I could finally relax. It was so nice to be in the Lord's house with the family of God. I truly enjoyed singing Christmas carols, reading God's word, watching the children's message, and worshiping our Savior. Our church didn't have childcare today so all the children and babies were in the service together. At one point the pastor asked us to huddle up with our families to pray. As I stood in God's house with my sweet little family on Christmas day and looked around at all the other families huddled together in prayer, I couldn't help but cry. THIS is how we should be celebrating on Christmas day! Don't get me wrong, I love the family get togethers, the presents, the yummy baked goods and all the fun that comes along with Christmas but the reason this holiday even exist often gets neglected. If it were up to me, we would go to church every Christmas! 

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to worship my Savior in church on Christmas day. After spending some time with the family of God, the cares of this world and the busy-ness of this holiday just seemed to disappear. I am so grateful for the chance to refocus on Jesus today. 

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes