The Man and the Viper

 MOMS (Mothers of Many Seasons) started back today! I love attending these weekly meetings to learn about God and fellowship with other mothers. Today we discussed who we as people are and Who God is. The speaker told the following story that is a wonderful illustration.

During a terrible storm a man notices a viper caught up in some brush along the creek. The man reached into the rushing water and pulled the snake out. The viper immediately bit the man. He threw the viper back into the brush. The viper was still stuck so the man repeated this kind gesture 2 more times. After being bit three times, a bystander came up to the man and said "You fool, why do you keep trying to rescue that viper? Its only a snake!" The man looked at the bystander and said "Its not about what he is, its about who I am."

We are much like that snake. God continuously reaches out to us and we repeatedly push Him away. Thankfully, God is much like the man in the story. He continues to love us and help us even though we don't deserve it. The only reason He does this is because its just Who He is. It has nothing to do with who we are or what we've done. Today I am thankful for Who God Is! I am thankful that He loves me unconditionally even though I don't even recognize His love at times, even though I am so undeserving, and regardless of what I have done. Our God is so amazing!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes