God is Trustworthy

During MOMS (mothers of many seasons) we discussed being fearful. Most people, especially women, struggle with fear. Fear steals our faith and sucks the joy out of our lives. A lot of times fear is not real at all; it is often made up completely in our minds by all the "what-ifs" that we ponder. Although we don't want to admit it, fear comes from a lack of trust in God.

It doesn't have to be this way.
We do not have to live in fear.

God is trustworthy. He is sovereign in the good and the bad. He is worthy of our trust. He holds the world in His hands. He loves us and knows what is best for us. When the fear starts to seep in, we have to choose to remember WHO God is. Psalm 77:11 says "I will remember the deeds of the Lord, yes I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will ponder all your mighty work and meditate on you mighty deeds."

 I struggle with fear, like most other women, so today I am grateful to for this reminder. Life isn't easy. Bad things do happen. But God is Trustworthy! I can relax and rest in Him.

"Blessed is he whose trust IS the Lord, who trusts in the Lord." Jeremiah 17:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes