9/11

Ten years ago today I was riding the UNCG park-n-ride bus to school. I remember hearing about the first plane on the radio that was playing over the speaker. Everyone on the bus was completely silent, listening to the news. It seemed like a joke or an accident but then we heard that another plane had hit the towers. I remember honestly being afraid of what the rest of the day might hold. Some of my classes were cancelled that day, others allowed us to watch the television as news unfolded. 9/11 was a day that most people will never forget.

I pray that phrase is true....I pray that we will never forget! I fear that in many ways we do forget until the anniversary rolls around.

In the days that followed 9/11 people seemed to genuinely care for one another, to help one another, and to pray for one another. That sense of love and togetherness has faded in many cases. Today I am thankful for the memory of 9/11, the reminder that we are not invincible, that we need one another, and that tomorrow is not guaranteed. My prayer, today, is that all Americans will truly remember and that this anniversary will be an opportunity for us to reach out to one another in love and to seek out our Heavenly Father. He is our only hope. We do not know what tomorrow will bring... I hope that we are all prepared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes