A Healthy Child

I just started reading "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo. I've only read 10 chapters so far but I've already been affected by this book. Its the true story of an almost 4 year old little boy who is really sick and has a heavenly experience. The chapters I read today tell about the boy's struggle with a ruptured appendix and severe infection. As I was reading I couldn't help but put myself in the mother's shoes. I cannot imagine going through something like that and watching helplessly as my child suffers. Today I am thankful for such a healthy child. So far, ear infections and a few boo boos have been the worst of what we've dealt with. Its such a blessing to have healthy children. Its something I have definitely taken for granted.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You that Dylan is such a healthy, happy little boy. I pray that Evan will be a healthy little boy as well. As my children grow, please place Your hand of protection over them. Please allow them to live healthy lives that constantly glorify You. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes