The Unsearchable Unknown

I have an app on my phone that gives me a "verse of the day" each day. A couple of days ago Jeremiah 33:2-3 was the verse of the day. It says, "This is what the Lords says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it- the Lord is his name: "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

As I read that, I couldn't help but wonder, what in the world are the unsearchable things that the Lord tell us?? This is a huge promise....we need to take him up on this promise!  


I couldn't get that verse out of my mind and then other verses started coming to mind as well. Jeremiah isn't the only writer that mentioned these unsearchable things....
Isaiah 48:6 says "From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you."


John 16:12-14 says, " I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking what is mine and making it known to you."


Wait, what was that?? There it is....there's the unsearchable, the unknown. The Spirit of God will make known to us what is God's! Oh wow. We just need to ask. We just need to call out to HIM and he promises to tell us the things of God! What more could we ask for? It's so easy. The problem is, we forget to ask. We forget that the One True God lives within us! The Holy Spirit isn't an "it" or a "junior god." He is God! He has all the power of God! He is speaking to us, in whatever way he knows is best for us to hear him. We just have to quiet ourselves enough to hear him and then we need to ask!

Today I am thankful to be filled with the Holy Spirit....the Spirit of God that will speak unsearchable truths to me! I am grateful for the opportutnity to know what is God's; to know the unknown! How amazing is this? It isn't just hogwash....it's truth! I've felt HIM. I've heard HIM! I'm learning all that the Spirit wants to teach me and I'll never be the same! 

Lord, I ask you to speak. I ask you to tell us the great and unsearchable things that we do not know, just as you've promised you would! In Jesus Name, Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes