Thank You for "MY" Baby

On Sunday evenings Bryan and I help with the children's ministry at our church. Tonight we had a time of prayer with the kids. Now, this isn't your average prayer time! This is laying hands on one another, seeking the Holy Spirit's presence and guidance, and everyone praying aloud for one another! It's incredible! I can't even express the joy that fills my heart when I hear these young people praying this way! 

When another adult asked if anyone had something they'd like prayer for, my sweet, almost 5 year old Evan, asked for the group to pray for me, his Mommy! He is worried that I'm going to start feeling sick because of the baby in belly so he asked for prayer that I wouldn't get sick. He started the prayer time, praying for me! Then he said in his prayer, "Thank You, God, for "MY" baby!" I nearly burst into tears! My Evan knows this baby is gift from God and he is already taking ownership of this little one. It's just sooooo sweet!

Today I am grateful for my precious Evan. I love hearing him thank God for his new sibling! I was touched by his thoughtfulness to have the group pray for me so that I won't be sick with this pregnancy! I am also thankful to be a part of a church that is teaching our children to pray, really pray, to the God of the Universe! I've never seen children lay hands on each other this way and speak these words over one another. It's wonderful! My prayer is that they will always pray this way, believing and seeking and crying out to their Heavenly Father!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes