Knitting Together


I have this really awesome pregnancy app on my smart phone that shows amazing pictures of a baby as it develops in the womb. I am officially 6 weeks pregnant today so I got to see the picture above, of a 6 week old embryo. Dylan and Evan are so excited about this baby so I've decided to show them the pictures each week so they can see the progress this baby is making.

During our school time today, we read Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

It was amazing to read those verses with my boys and then pull out my phone and look more closely at this photo of a six week old baby. It was really neat to see what our baby looks like right now, remembering that God is currently in the process of knitting him or her together in my womb. It was a sweet moment with my fellas, for them to acknowledge the work our Heavenly Father is doing during this special time!

Today I am grateful for this sweet baby God is knitting together in my womb. It's incredible to know that He is carefully creating a person and He knows exactly who he or she will be. I am also thankful for the opportunity to share this wonderful experience with Dylan and Evan. Homeschooling gives us the chance to spend time in God's Word and truly enjoy the blessings of life together. What a sweet gift!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes