He will never change; He will never leave...

I have said it numerous times before but I believe God enjoys speaking to me in themes. The current theme is...I will never change; I will never leave you. 

 Two days ago I spent my quiet time pondering Exodus 13:5. It says, "....the Lord, the God of your fathers-the God of Abraham, the God of Issac, the God of Jacob-has sent me to you. This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation."  I love the fact that my God is the same God that Jacob, Issac, and Abraham served. He did amazing things for them and He can do the same for me. He never left them and He will never leave me. 

Yesterday I was drawn to Hebrews 13:8 which says, "Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Great is His faithfulness! He never changes. From my first breath, until my last, He has always been there and will always be at work in my life. He is not fickle, like people are. He doesn't love me less when I mess up. He doesn't get bored with us and move onto something better.

 Today, without even realizing these were in the same chapter until later, I was drawn to Hebrews 13:5 which, in part, says, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you..." The One who the wind obeys, promises never to leave me? That is incredible! What more could I want? 

And later this morning, I came across this quote from Jesus Calling, "The one thing you absolutely need is the one thing you can never lose: My Presence with you." 

I am blown away by the thought that Jesus remains the same and will remain with me always. That way of thinking is so foreign to humans because we don't usually experience this kind of unconditional love. Life is so hard. Things are continuously changing, people are constantly hurting or leaving us, and nothing seems dependable. Its so refreshing to hear that the only thing we absolutely need is the one thing we CANNOT lose! The presence of Jesus gives us all we truly need and He will never leave us. He will never forsake us the way the things and the people of this world will. Even though I do not deserve it and I mess up over and over again, He will never give up on me. 

Today I am thankful for the promises that God will never change and He will never leave me. These promises allow me to rest in His presence and relax in this life. It doesn't matter what I face or what other say or do, God is near to me and He will never leave. He is unchanging and His love is unfailing. I am also grateful for the relationship I have with my Savior. He is always teaching me and speaking to me and pursuing me. It is just amazing! I can't get enough of my awesome God!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes