To Whom are you Thankful?

I absolutely love reading all the posts on Facebook on Thanksgiving. I enjoy taking the time to read each post because I really like seeing what all of my friends are thankful for. Honestly, this is the only day I see positive, grateful posts by many of my friends. It seems like most people have a lot more to complain about than they have to be happy about. Its sad really, in our world, we have an abundance of things to be thankful for but we don't always recognize it. So seeing all these messages of gratitude today has been very refreshing. 

Most people are thankful for their families, some are thankful for food or living arrangements, a few are thankful for their faith, one or two are thankful for new additions to their families, some are grateful for their jobs, and a couple are thankful for their pets. I can't help but wonder, to whom are grateful for these things? 

Does the average person truly understand that God is the giver of all these amazing gifts...the simple and the extravagant? I love seeing all these facebook posts and hearing folks tell what they're thankful for but my prayer as that they truly know that there is someONE they should be directing their thankfulness towards. Our God alone, is the giver of our good gifts. He deserves our praise. We should be thanking Him continually!


Today, as we celebrate Thanksgiving, I can't help but be thankful for this day that is set aside for thanksgiving. At least one day a year, most people consider all their blessings. We need to do it more but I am so grateful for this day, this time of year, when gratitude is at the front of our minds. I am also thankful for all the sweet posts of gratitude that I read today. Its so good to see what the Lord is doing in everyone's lives. Mostly, I am thankful that I know to WHOM I thankful for the many gifts in my life. I'm not only grateful that for these gifts....I am thankful TO and FOR the Giver of the gifts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes