Light in the darkest places...

Many of you have been praying for American pastor Saeed Abedini, who was imprisoned over a year ago because of his faith. Well, yesterday, things got much worse for Pastor Saeed. He was moved suddenly, and for no apparent reason, to another prison in Iran. This prison houses violent criminals and is known for "disappearing" prisoners. Apparently, the prisoners just take matters into their own hands. Pastor Saeed is in desperate need of prayer. His family needs our prayers as well. I cannot imagine what his wife and children must be going through right now. 

I keep up with "Pray for Pastor Saeed" on Facebook and today I saw the following post by Pastor Saeed's wife:

"Today I heard the news that the new converts in Evin prison are carrying the torch and continuing to do what Saeed was doing. They are heart broken that they have lost their pastor, but they have become more passionate to share the Gospel in the prison. I am in tears knowing the seeds Saeed planted in Evin prison continues. The work continues. Please pray for the safety of the new converts as they are determined to share the Gospel and continue the work that Saeed was doing."

As I read this my eyes filled with tears. Its amazing to see how God has been using Pastor Saeed during his time in prison. I can't even imagine being imprisoned for my faith in Jesus Christ but if I ever experience that horror, I pray that I will be as usable as Pastor Saeed. He has not only spread the gospel within an Iranian prison but while there he became the pastor of a group of converts. The Spirit has been moving within those prison cells because these converts have a strong enough faith to carry the torch without Saeed. This is proof that God can use evil for good! This is proof that God can shine light in even the darkest places!


Today I am thankful that God has been using Pastor Saeed to touch the lives of some of the cruelest men alive. I am also thankful for Pastor's Saeed's example of obedience and dependence upon our God. Mostly, I am thankful that even in the worst places we can imagine, God is there! 


Father God, I lift up Pastor Saeed, his wife Nagmeh and his precious children. I thank you, Lord, for the ways you have used Saeed to touch the lives of the prisoners in Iran. I pray that you will give them boldness as they continue to share the gospel. Allow each one to grow closer to You. I pray for Saeed's safety and his release from prison. I pray for peace and comfort for him as well as his family. Lord, I know that You haven't left Pastor Saeed for a moment and You never will. Please help him to feel Your presence like never before. In Jesus Name, Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes