Silly Little Prayers....

This morning my family drove to Hoboken, New Jersey to take the train into New York City. While we were in Hoboken we were able to make a stop at Carlos’ Bakery. For those of you who aren’t familiar with TLC’s show “Cake Boss,” Carlos’ Bakery is the home of Buddy Valasquez and his family. They have an Italian bakery that has become a tourist attraction in Hoboken. Buddy is the “Cake Boss” because of the elaborate cakes he makes and decorates on the TLC show. I absolutely love this show! Several years ago I was inspired to start making cakes because of this show. Now, I bake and decorate several cakes per month and it was all inspired by the “Cake Boss!”


We're here!!!! Hoboken, NJ!!!
Me, Dylan, Evan, my mother in love-Cheryl, sister in love-Darcie 
and sweet nephew Levi
Me and the hubs, outside of Carlos Bakery!
The stars of Cake Boss...
Don't these look yummy? 
We got a hole bag of treats to take home!

Usually there is a REALLY long line outside of Carlos’ Bakery so we weren’t sure we’d actually have time to in and sample the food but this morning, there was NO line! It sounds silly but I had actually been praying for no line because I don’t know when I’ll ever have a chance to come back to Hoboken and I’ve been wanting to try a cupcake made by the Cake Boss for years! I guess God even answers the silly prayers!

This line formed while we were inside the bakery. We literally arrived at the perfect time! We didn't have to wait at all.

One of the guys working outside the bakery said that a tour bus had arrived earlier in the morning and that the lines had been outrageous. As we were leaving the bakery, the line had piled up and the wait was probably close to an hour. We literally arrived at the perfect time!

Today I am thankful for such an exciting day in New York City with my family. I am also thankful that on the way, we were able to make a stop Carlos’ Bakery! I just couldn’t be that close and not visit the home of the Cake Boss! I am also grateful that God answers even the silly little prayers. If we had arrived earlier, we would have been in a huge line! If we had arrived 10 minutes later, we would have been in an even longer line! Either way, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to go inside because we didn't have much time. My God is so good to me. What a sweet little gift He gave me today. It was just the reminder I needed of His great love for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes