One Last Memory in our Old House....

Tonight is our last night in our "old" house. Tomorrow we will be moving out of our sweet little house on Carlisle Way. This house has been such a blessing to us over the years. Bryan and I spent our first night in this house on our 1 year wedding anniversary. Three years later, we were in this house when we found out that we'd be having our first baby. And then three years after that, we found out we'd be adding another son to the bunch. Both of our babies took their first steps in this house, celebrated their first Christmas and first birthday here and have become best friends in this house. As excited as I am to move out and move on, there have a been a few sentimental tears as I've packed. We have so many wonderful memories in this house. 

God is so involved in our lives. Not only has He blessed us with so many amazing memories in this house and allowed our home to sell at just the right time but He also provided one last special memory on our last night on Carlisle Way. 


My first baby is officially a big boy! Dylan lost his first tooth today! It has been wiggly for a while and we tried to pull it out this morning but it just wouldn't come out. Later, while Dylan was eating popcorn, he looked up and said, "MOMMY!" He looked at me with huge eyes and held up a tiny baby tooth. He was so excited! He kept smiling and I started crying! I can't believe he is big enough to be losing his teeth! What a fun memory for the last day in our old house. We will never forget when and where Dylan lost his first tooth!

Putting the tooth under his pillow!
Waiting on the Tooth Fairy on the last night in his room in our old house.

Today I am thankful for milestones. While I can't believe Dylan is old enough to be losing teeth, I am so grateful for a heathly, happy little boy who is growing up right before my eyes. I am also thankful for such a special memory on our last night in our old house. As I have recalled all the precious memories we've shared in this home, I have felt a little sad but God is so caring and He knows exactly what I need. He allowed one more memory at just the right time. He never stops showing me how much He cares. 

Thank you, Father, for this home and all the memories You've blessed us with. I am so grateful for the 9 years we've spent in this house. So much has happened. So much has changed. Mostly, we have grown so much closer to You in this house. Thank You for all You've done. Thank You for the opportunity to move on as a family and thank You for one last memory in our old house. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes