Just a glimpse...

Oh where do I even start? Today has been so full of God's blessings, my heart is overflowing with gladness! This morning as Bryan and I were packing up the van, we turned to look at our little house. The tears just started to flow from my eyes. I couldn't believe this day had finally arrived....moving day, that is!


On one of the many trips out to the van, I saw one of our neighbors. She came over to tell us goodbye and the two of us started boo-hooing! As we hugged, she told me something that will forever change my life. She said, "if it weren't for you sharing your faith, I would have never found my way back to Jesus." Even as I type those words, I am in awe of God's timing and His ability to use mere people. I only met this neighbor a little over a year ago. If our house had sold when we first put it on the market, I would have never met her.  I cannot even express how grateful I am that God used me to point my neighbor to Jesus. It makes waiting for our house to sell for 2 and 1/2 years totally worth it! This is proof that I should NEVER question God's timing!

On top of that amazing news, I am floored by God's willingness to show me a glimpse of His masterpiece. I mean really, on the day we're moving, on the last possible day, God prompted my neighbor to share that sweet information with me. He didn't have to, but He did. I believe He allowed me to see what He's been up to in my neighbor's life so that I could better appreciate His sovereignty. Not only did He use little ol' me, but He allowed me to see how He used little ol' me. Thank you Father!

Today I am thankful for moving day. We've been waiting a long time for this day and it was such an exciting time! Mostly, I am thankful that God has been at work in my neighbor's life. He could have used anyone but He allowed me to be a part of His plan for her life. I am incredibly grateful that my Lord shed light on this little portion of His plan so that I can better understand His reason for making us wait so long. His plans are so perfect. I just got a little glimpse today but I'll never get over it! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes