There's just something about vacation!

My little family has had the best vacation in Virginia Beach! If you've never vacationed here, I highly recommend it! To be honest, I can't believe we packed as much into this week as we did. We've enjoyed the beach, the pool, hiking up Mt. Trashmore, riding carnival rides, watching the air show, hunting for crabs, playing putt putt, visiting Cape Henry light house, going to the aquarium, cruising Owl Creek, celebrating our 9 year anniversary, visiting the Nauticus Naval Museum, shopping, riding a family bike (sort of), spending the afternoon in Williamsburg, and painting pottery. O yeah, and eating...I can't forget eating! It seems like we have eaten nonstop! We've been very busy but enjoyed moments of relaxation as well. Watching the sunrise, taking a few naps, walking on the beach, soaking up the sun, and reading a book by the pool have all been wonderfully relaxing.

The Owl Creek Cruise
Evan LOVED the aquarium!
Putt- Putt
Watching the air show...just and added bonus!
 We had no idea this was going on this week!
Snuggling with Nana
Dylan climbed to the top of Mt. Trashmore!
(an old landfill turned into a park)
Gorgeous view!
Hunting for crabs!
Visiting the Battleship at Nauticus Naval Museum
I don't think we'll ever forget the family bike!
While all of this has been SOOO much fun, the best part of our time in Virginia Beach has to be the company. Bryan, Dylan, Evan and I have loved spending this week with Nana and Papa. The boys can't get enough of their grandparents! They have Nana and Papa wrapped around their little fingers! Getting to spend this time all together is really special. We spend a couple weeks a year with my parents when we rent our house for the furniture market but there is just something about vacation! It's just different. We get to do so many fun things together! (and some not as fun as they look....like riding a family bike...hahaha!)

Today I am thankful for the wonderful week we've had in Virginia Beach. We are blessed to have had this time with one another. We've laughed, a few of us have cried, and we've truly enjoyed each other's company. I am also grateful for the opportunity to be close to God's beautiful creation, the ocean. I just love watching the waves and worshiping the One who controls them. This week has given me the opportunity to truly ponder how grateful I am for my family, for the ability to go on vacation, and for all the exciting things we are able to do together. I've also thought a lot about how amazing God's creations are. I take this for granted most days but honestly, the ocean, the sun and the moon, the mountains, butterflies and lizards, sea horses and turtles, crabs and clouds, they are all absolutely amazing! Thank You God for all of Your mind blowing creations. You truly are magnificent!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes