A Servant's Heart

Our church has a furniture ministry that provides donated furniture to people in our community that are in need. A couple of Saturdays a month volunteers gather to pick up furniture and deliver furniture. Bryan has helped with this ministry several times but this morning he took Dylan along. Dylan has been so excited about serving. When he woke up this morning he told Bryan, "I slept good and I just did 10 jumping jacks so I'm really strong and ready for the furniture ministry!" He couldn't wait to get out the door today. Bryan said that Dylan was a tremendous helper. He has always had a kind, helpful heart. When he was just a toddler he began helping me do the laundry and emptying the dishwasher because I couldn't bend over due to my back injury. He also loves to help with the trash and the yard work so I wasn't surprised that he was eager to do all he could to serve today!


Evan and I stayed home since a 20 month old can't lift much and neither can I. While Daddy and Dylan were gone we did some house work. I figured it was time to teach Evan how to help with the laundry too. He jumped right in (literally) and was an enormous help to me! He pulled the clothes out of the dryer, helped move the wet clothes into the dryer and pushed the baskets around the house. He tried to help fold but that didn't work out too well. He really enjoyed helping his mommy around the house.


Today I am thankful that my sweet little guys have such good attitudes about helping others. Dylan definitely has a servant's heart and I can see that budding in Evan also. Matthew 23:11-12 says, "The greatest among you will be your servant. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." It makes this Mommy's heart bubble with joy to know that my boys are learning to serve others in Jesus' name! I am also grateful for the furniture ministry. It has been a wonderful blessing to many families in our community and also a blessing to the ones serving. 











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes