I know it in my knower!

As Valentine's Day approaches I have been thinking a lot about all the precious relationships I have the privilege of enjoying. One of those relationships is with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This, by far, is the most amazing relationship I have ever encountered. Jesus knows everything about me....the good, the bad, and the ugly. He knows every thought I have, before I even think it. He knows my fears, my successes, and the sins that I struggle with. And still, He loves me. Unlike many people, He never gets annoyed with me or tired of me. He never leaves or threatens to leave me. He never talks about me behind my back or rolls his eyes at me. He pursues me and is constantly right by my side. He wants me to live in complete confidence of His love for me.

Sometimes that kind of love is hard for me to wrap my mind around. For years, even though I had accepted Christ as my Savior and believed in Him fully, I often questioned my salvation. I think it was because its hard to be sure of something or someone that you don't truly know or understand. Now, I no longer question my salvation because of the relationship I have with the person of Jesus! I know Him and He knows me!

I know I am married even when I am not wearing my wedding ring because I know my husband. I talk to him daily and I listen to him as he talks to me. I am in  a relationship with a real person whether the ring is on or not. Its the same with Jesus. I never need to question my salvation because I am in a relationship with the person, Jesus. I talk to Him daily and listen to Him as He talks to me. I can trust Him because I know Him and I'm learning more about Him all the time.

Believe me, there are days I don't "feel" saved but as a Bible teacher that I love used to say, "I know it my knower!" Regardless of how I'm feeling, I know Jesus and the Word of God promises that if I know Him and believe in Him, I have salvation!

Today I am thankful for the most incredible relationship I have ever experienced. I don't deserve this kind of love at all. Thank you Jesus! I am also grateful that I don't ever have to question my salvation. I "know in my knower" that I am saved because I know Jesus and love Him with all my heart!

" I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." 1 John 5:13


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes