A Day of Love!

Bryan asked me to marry him on Valentine's Day eleven years ago so, this day is very special to me! I truly enjoy making valentines and doing sweet things to show love to the precious people in my life. I just want to love on others because I feel so loved!

In the past I've celebrated this day of love by taking Dylan to my grandmother's nursing home to pass out valentines to the residents. Since my grandmother passed away last year, I decided to take my boys to a nursing home a little closer to our home. I invited lots of ladies from MOMS since we didn't meet today. I was hoping a few might come but I was blown away by the turn out! We invaded Clare Bridge nursing home with around 16 noisy children and 9 mommies! We passed out a ton of homemade valentines, some candy, hugs, and lots of smiles!

This is part of our group...the rest must have still been visiting
with the residents.

Dylan and Evan weren't shy at all!

Dylan loved handing out his handmade valentines

This was so much for everyone!

The folks at the nursing home were in awe of these little ones. You could see the joy on their faces! One resident told me, "this is the best day of my life!" Another lady said, "its nice when adults visit but I really like these little guys better!"

I honestly cannot think of a better way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Not only did we show love to the elderly folks at Clare Bridge, but we were able to impart, to our children, the importance loving others. 1 John 4:7a says, "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God." It is my prayer that my children will always love others and remember that all love comes from God. 

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to love on the residents of Clare Bridge Nursing Home. It was obvious that the receivers of our valentines were blessed by our visit but I believe the true blessing fell upon us.  I am also grateful for what this special day means to me. Since saying "yes" eleven years ago, my life just keeps getting better and better! As we celebrated with our sweet lil' monkeys tonight, I couldn't help but praise God for His many amazing blessings!!



Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes