You have overwhelmed my heart...

We had a fabulous weekend with Jordan and Shanna in Surfside Beach, SC. Watching the sunrise was the perfect ending to our weekend. When we first got out on the beach at 6:45am, it was very cloudy. We were able to see a tiny bit of the sun rising over the horizon. It was very pretty but Jordan had told us that sometimes it was possible to see the sun rise up behind the crosses that stand close to the parking lot. So, we waited for a while. It was so cloudy and dull outside. It just didn't look like we would see anything. I had seen Jordan's pictures of the sun rising behind the crosses and I really wanted to see it so I prayed and asked God to show us His beautiful creation. While I was praying I felt the Lord say, "just be patient." Others were ready to go back to the room but I really wanted to wait a little longer. I'm so glad we did! A few minutes later things in the sky suddenly started to change. We saw some light peeking through the dark clouds and it just grew and grew. It was spectacular! The tears just flowed as I watched what God could do! His beautiful creation is breath-taking! Even thinking of it now, my heart is singing "Your glory feels the sky, a great and holy light. Shining like a million stars, I'm amazed by who You are. Lord, we lift you high, Oh God, be magnified. You have overwhelmed my heart, I'm amazed by who YOU are!"

Today I am thankful that I was able to see the sun leap up from behind those gorgeous crosses. As I watched the light stretch through the clouds, I couldn't help but say, "He did it!" I had asked God to allow me to experience the sunrise and He did! In a dark, cloudy, unlikely sky, the sunlight found a way to shine right through! I know the sun didn't rise just for me but it sure did feel like it! God has overwhelmed my heart!

The little peek of the sun rising above the horizon. 

The cloudy, dull sky

Here it comes....

Already beautiful!

Gorgeous!

He did it!

You have overwhelmed my heart!
10 minutes later, back to cloudy and dull. Maybe He did do that
just for us! =)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes