He's got the whole world in His hands

While driving in the car this morning Evan was crying so Dylan started singing to him. He sang "He's got the whole world in His hands."  While singing he created some very sweet verses such as...
"He has baby Evan in His hands."
"He has Mommy and Daddy in His hands."
"He has big brother Dylan in His hands."
"He has Mitcher the doggy in His hands."
"He has all the train-n-n-s in His hands." 
"He has the cabooses in His hands."

It was adorable. Evan stopped crying and listened to his big brother sing too! As I was listening, I couldn't help but think about that very basic truth. God created the Universe and everything in it. He is in control of it all and loves every single thing He has created. Since the world's population is approximately 7 billion people, the fact that God even knows each one of our names is amazing! Its more than that though. Psalm 139: 1-5 says "Lord, you have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from far away. You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, Lord, you know it completely. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me." Our Heavenly Father is on top of every detail of our lives and cares about each desire of our hearts. That thought blows me away!

Today I am thankful that the One who flung the stars into the Universe loves me and knows me. I am grateful that He has the whole world in His hands (even Mitcher the doggy and trains and cabooses!) I can rest in that basic truth.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes