People CAN change!

I've heard it said that people can't change. Well, I beg to to differ....

Today at MOMS we shared testimonies with a simple piece of cardboard and a marker.  Each person wrote one or two phrases that explain what they experienced before God's intervention on one side of the cardboard.  On the reverse side, the testifier told how God has changed that experience for the better. Seeing these testimonies was very touching and emotional. I was blessed as I watched each lady walk across the room with her proof that God still performs miracles. Some of the testimonies included...

Trying to be self-sufficient / Fully depending on my Savior

A slave to sin / Forgiven and Free

Abused and Shameful / Chosen and Loved

2 miscarriages and infertility /  I now have a loving family with 3 adopted children

I'm a widow / I've found love from The One Who Created Me

A broken Marriage and fearful  / Learning to believe that all the unknowns are in His hands

Always offended by others / Learning to easily and freely forgive others

Prideful / Humble

And here is my testimony...






 This is just a few of the testimonies I observed today. They were all wonderful examples of ways God can transform lives. So, to those who say people can't change...without Christ, that statement is probably true but WITH CHRIST, all things are possible! 

"You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14

Today I am grateful that God is still performing miracles! The testimonies I witnessed today are proof of that! I am proof of that! I could have written a thousand cardboard testimonies because God has changed my life in so many ways. If there is anything in your life that you aren't proud of or that you feel enslaved by, come to Jesus. He has the power to redeem you and He wants to transform your life! People CAN change, with God's help!


Comments

  1. Thought I'd share mine too

    Worried about repeating past mistakes again/ trusting in God whatever happens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes