Antibiotics, Steroids, Albuterol, Nebulizers, etc, etc, etc...

My sweet boys have been a bit "under the weather" for the past week. Dylan was pretty sick but since he is older, his body seemed to handle it better. Poor little Evan has had a really rough week though. When I took him to the doctor last week we found out that he had a double ear infection and inflammation of the lungs. The doctor prescribed steroids, an antibiotic, Zyrtec in the morning, Benadryl at night, and Albuterol for breathing treatments. Although it seems like I've been giving him medicine and using the nebulizer every five minutes, I am so grateful for these medications! A week later and he is feeling so much better!

Evan using the nebulizer. Its been a blessing to both Dylan and Evan.
I love how he is holding it =)

Today I am thankful for our terrific Pediatricians and the medicine they are able to prescribe. We often take things such as Benadryl and antibiotics for granted but today, as I was holding my 6 month old son and giving him a breathing treatment, I thought about how blessed we are to live in a place and time where these medications and doctors are available to us. In other parts of the world where medications and doctors are scarce, viruses and infections could be fatal for a baby. Today I am so grateful that I can easily run to the pharmacy or make an appointment for my children to see the doctor. Both of my boys are feeling so much better today, therefore, their Mommy is feeling a lot better too!

Comments

  1. great i like your blog one thing tell me how to boost up traffic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm not the best one to ask probably, I'm still working on that myself. My husband has been helping me submit my blogs to different blog websites and I also read that commenting on other people's blog is a good way to get your name out...maybe that helps some?? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have a 3yrs old who was prescribed pretty strong meds too and I can't lie that I was more scared than trying to be grateful. I'm so grateful for being able to have a last minute appointment and not run to ER. I'm grateful for having insurance company and I'm so grateful for having a wonderful teenage big sister and a great husband ♥ Thanks God and Our Blessed Mother for all blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes