A little gentleman...

My little gentleman =)



Bryan and I often receive compliments about how polite Dylan is. Sometimes he really amazes me with his "thank yous," "pleases," and "excuse mes." Although I love the compliments, we honestly haven't done much except speaking politely to him. Mostly, being polite is just a part of his sweet personality. He has also become a great little helper, a terrific big brother and a very responsible young man. One of my favorite "Dylan qualities" that has begun to emerge is his protective and devoted attitude toward me. This afternoon we were sitting on the couch together, tickling Evan, when Dylan got up and danced around the room a little and then jumped on me. He squeezed me and said, "I love you Mommy. I'll never let anything happen to you." How adorable? He loves me and wants to protect me. He really has become quite the little gentleman!

Today I am thankful that Dylan is developing gentleman-like qualities. These days, it isn't always easy to detect men that are caring, responsible, and devoted to their mothers or wives. 1 Peter 2:21 says "To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." I pray that Dylan and Evan will both grow into men that follow in Jesus' footsteps. Today I am so grateful that those characteristics are beginning to show in the life of our oldest son. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes