The Fruit of the Spirit


While I'm teaching my children, I'm always learning something too. This is one of the many reasons I love homeschooling! God never ceases to teach me through the lessons I'm teaching them! This week Evan are learning about the Fruits of the Spirit during his Bible time. We have a topic each week that goes along with a simple statement for the student to remember. This week his statement is "If we stay in Jesus, we will bear much fruit." 

As a part of our Bible lesson today we cut all sorts of fruit pictures out of magazines. We talked about how fruit grows from trees and vines. Then we talked about the fruit that we can bear. It won't grow out from our bodies, but from our Spirit. When the Holy Spirit is in us, He enables us to bear His type of fruit!


As we were talking about this Evan scooted over in his chair. I didn't think much of it because he's always wiggling around but he looked at me and said, "Do you know why I just scooted over and left this side of my seat empty?" I said, "No, why?" The he responded with, "I'm letting Jesus sit right there, I know he's in the room but He wants to sit beside me!"

How sweet?! It was a good reminder too! James 4:8 says, "Come near to God and He will come near to you." That is a promise! So, if we stay close to Jesus as Evan's statement says, Jesus promises to stay close to us. And because of this, we can bear HIS type of fruit...the fruit of the Spirit....love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control.

Today I am thankful for the lessons God teaches me through homeschooling. It's not always easy to be patient, gentle, joyful, and loving but God reminded me today that as long as I stay close to Jesus, He will be with me and cause me to bear that type of fruit. I am also grateful for Evan's confidence in God's presence in the room! How often do we forget He's there? I need to scoot over and share my seat with Him! He's always there to help us, comfort us, and lead us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes