Sweet Moments with Sweet Friends...

My little family had a wonderful morning with my best friend, Melissa and her son, Shane. They came over to make some very special, handmade ornaments. While the kids were screaming and running around like crazy, Melissa and I were rolling out dough for handprints. It was so nice to spend a few moments with our friends, even if the boys were wild. Once we were done with the ornaments we ventured out for lunch at Speedy's BBQ. This was Melissa and Shane's first trip to the big town of Lexington so, of course, we had to let them taste our world famous BBQ. Believe it or not, all three boys ate their hotdogs with the buns! That is a Christmas miracle for our boys! After lunch we walked around downtown Lexington. We enjoyed seeing the pigs singing by the enormous Christmas tree and visiting the Candy Factory. The kids had a great time together!
Dylan making his ornaments
Melissa and Shane making ornaments
The ornaments turned out so cute!
I'm lovin' this photo! 
Me and Melissa with our boys at the Candy Factory
Today I am thankful for sweet moments with sweet friends. Since we've been staying with my mom while we look for our future home, I have been feeling a little displaced. It is odd not being close to all our friends and we haven't gotten to spend as much time with many of them. It was so nice to have Melissa and Shane come and spend the morning with us. I am also grateful for the friends God has placed in my life. Proverbs 27:9 says, "The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense." I've found this to be abundantly true in my life. Just sharing my heart and my concerns with my friend, Melissa, and hearing her thoughtful responses is always a blessing to me. God has definitely put us in one another's lives to be an encouragement to each other. God is intentional about the people He places in our lives. We should be grateful for each and everyone, no matter how long we've known them. Each one is being used of God to help us become the men and women He created us to be. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes