Look out below!

We went to the park this afternoon with some friends. Dylan and Evan had a great time playing and believe it or not, the weather was wonderful! I didn't even need jacket! Evan is only 2 years old but he thinks he is as big as his brother. He was all over that playground. He wasn't afraid to climb the steepest ladder or slide down the biggest slide. Once he got to the top of the slide he would yell down, "look out below!"  It was adorable. I kept trying to get him to play on the little slides but he didn't want any part of the baby stuff...he is a big boy!
Look out below!
Check out that hair!
After he mastered the stairs and slide, he noticed another child sliding down head first. Yes, I said head first! The slide he was about to go down was very high and I didn't have the chance to climb to the top and stop him before my sweet little baby went head first too! He nearly gave me a heart attack. When he got to the bottom he was grinning from ear to ear. He LOVED it!
Yes, he is going head first!
He had so much fun!
Today I am thankful for my littlest big boy. I can't believe he is so big now. He was having a blast climbing and sliding and all I wanted to do was hold and protect my little angel. But, he is just too big for that now. I am thankful that he is so healthy and strong. He can do anything he puts his mind to. That is such a blessing! I am also grateful for these sweet moments of realization. Today I realized that Evan is no longer my little baby. Yes, he will always be my baby, but he is growing up. I can't believe it. Tonight, as I was holding his little hand, I just had to thank God for the time he has given me with Evan as a baby and for all the exciting times that are to come. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes