Waiting on God...

I realized today that I have been out of work for over 3 years because of my back injury. I cannot believe its been that long. For the past year and a half, I have been out of work for my pain but not given any pain medication for my pain. That seems a little odd doesn't it? Bryan and I (and many others) have been praying about my back pain for a long time now. Sometimes I think we're called to wait on God even in painful situations. After a lot of waiting, God answered our prayer today.

 My doctor referred me to pain management in March but because of the red tape associated with worker's comp, I didn't get an appointment until July. The day I was supposed to go to that appointment, my Grandmother passed away and I had to cancel the appointment. That doctor didn't have another appointment until the end of October. Sometime in August I just happened to hear of a new pain management doctor when I was calling my doctor's office about paperwork. I asked my worker's comp manager if I could see the new doctor instead of waiting until the end of October and a few weeks later, she had an appointment scheduled. So, six months after the referral, I went to the pain management doctor today. I feel so blessed that things worked out the way they did. This doctor was the most compassionate doctor I've seen throughout this entire experience. He spent a great deal of time with me, actually touched my back (which is a first, believe it or not), prescribed a medicine to help me get comfortable when I sleep, prescribed another medication for my pain, suggested some epidural shots, and offered a "game plan" for getting my pain to a tolerable level. This doctor and his willingness to help me with my pain is a definite answer to prayer. 

I can't get over how awesome our God is! His timing is so perfect. When I look back over the past few years and all I have been through with my back, I can easily see how He has been in control. If an appointment had been scheduled in April or May or if I had attended the appointment in July, I would have seen a different doctor and possibly had a completely different experience. God wanted me to see this doctor, on this day. Yes, I had to wait but God knows best. Its better for me to wait so that I experience what God has for me. I've also learned so much through the waiting. 

In the car, on the way home from my appointment, my back was really hurting. For the first time in a year and half, I was able to freely pull one of my own pain pills (not just Advil) from my purse and take it to help ease my pain. As I did that, I realized how grateful I am that God answers prayers, that He cares about the pain I experience, that His timing is so perfect, and that He has helped me through all the pain I have endured. He never leaves us, He is always at work, and He carries us through life's difficulties. I've grown to love Him so much more through this experience. I wouldn't change a bit of it.
 I would wait forever if I had to, just to know Him more.

We wait in hope for the Lord;
     He is our help and our shield.
In Him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in His holy name.
May Your unfailing love be with us, Lord,   
 even as we put our hope in You.
Psalm 33:20-22

Comments

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your blog, Tori. You are one amazing person, and I hang onto every word you say on here. Some stories leave me on the edge of my seat wanting more, while others leave me in tears of the reality of how much our Lord and savior truly, madly, compassionately LOVES us! So, THANK YOU, and thank GOD for your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Brandi, Thank you so much! Your comment is exactly why I write this blog. All I want is to glorify our God and point others to Him. Thank you for commenting because it shows me that God is using my little blog and I am so grateful for that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes