Second Chances

I've been studying Jonah during my quiet time and I've read a lot about second chances. Jonah ran from God, he was totally disobiedent and ended up in the belly of a big fish!  It wasn't easy for Jonah but when he finally submitted and humbled himself, God was able to use him again.

"And the LORD spoke unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land." Jonah 2:10
This story reminds me of myself. In the past I have done things that I am not proud of, things that were disobedient to God. As I look back on those times I can see that God has given me a second (and third, and fourth, and twenty-fifth) chance. I can see that God spoke into my life and changed my situation for me. Today I am so thankful that my God is a mericiful, loving, kind God who gives all of us a second chance. We just need to cry out to him and humble ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes