God knows best!

The other day when I took Dylan to the park, I drove past Shadybrook Elementary School. It reminded me of when I was pregnant with Dylan and I had an interview at that school. I really liked the school and the principal said that I would be a perfect match for the Kindergarten staff. He showed me which classroom would be mine and told me that the job was mine, he just needed to set up another meeting so the current Kindergarten teachers could meet me.  I left there on cloud 9! I was thrilled because I just knew that I would be teaching the following year in this school! The principal took 2 weeks to call and when he did he told me that the Kindergarten teacher that was leaving the school really wanted him to hire a first year teacher so she could leave all of her teaching supplies behind, to someone who really needed it. So, he didn't hire me. This was devastating because I really wanted out of the school I was teaching in! I was upset and I didn't understand why God let that happen, I mean, it was the perfect school for me.

 I couldn't see what God was doing at the time but when I look back now, I am thankful for unanswered prayers. If I had moved to that school, I would have never gotten injured (which seems like a good thing but go with me...) If I had never gotten injured, I would have never been given the opportunity to stay home with Dylan and see what an amazing blessing it is to be a stay at home mom! If I had not gotten injured and I was still teaching, Bryan and I would not have even considered having another child yet because we couldn't afford the daycare. If I had not gotten injured, my relationship with Christ would not have grown the way it has over these past 2 years.

God really does know best! Its not always easy to understand what He is up to but when we look back over the past we can see that He has always had our best interest in mind. I am so thankful that God is in control!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes