My Coloring Book!


I'm not always the best at playing pirates or transformers but coloring, well that is something I can do! Since I like coloring with my boys, they got me a beautiful adult coloring book for my birthday. I love it! It is really pretty and has a different Bible verse on each page. I love coloring it with our new twistable colored pencils. The boys enjoy it too!

This afternoon Bryan and Evan were fishing at the pond so Dylan asked if I wanted to color. Of course I said, "YES!" He got my colored pencils and my book along with his favorite coloring book and we got to work! He is a maticulous colorer! He takes his time and does a wonderful job. I enjoy waching him! As we colored today, I was reminded how much I like coloring. I always have. I colored a lot as a child and even in high school, I was was always doodling! I still really enjoy it because it is so relaxing. There's nothing like just sitting with my little fellas, talking, and creating something colorful. The fact that I'm staring at an uplifting Bible verse is an added bonus too! Coloring these verses is helping me to memorize them as well.

Today I am thankful for the simple things in life, like coloring with my little guys. Sometimes its hard to put down my to-do list and just color in my coloring book but everytime I do, I'm so glad I did! It's a stress reliever and I enjoy spending time with my boys. I am also grateful for my little guys that got me such a thoughtful birthday gift. They felt bad that I always had to color "boyish" books so they picked one that they new I would like! They're just soooo sweet to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes