Family Field Trip!!!!!

Today we went on a family field trip to Grandfather Mountain and Linville Falls. One of the things I love about homeschooling is that we get to learn while we're traveling and enjoying time together as a family! We had a wonderful day in the NC Mountains. It was a gorgeous day and the fall leaves were beautiful!

And we're off for a day of fun and learning!
God's artwork....so pretty!
Tyson loves being outside. He was
very happy to be hiking and enjoying
nature!
The family going on the Mile High Swinging Bridge...believe it or not,
I didn't have a panic attack!
My biggest boy led the way!
The middle of the bridge! Don't look down!
Evan was in heaven today! He loves the outdoors!
He's a little too brave at times....he
wanted to climb to the edge of the mountain...
Another perk of homeschooling, we had our own personal tour
guide through the animal habitats at Grandfather Mountain. We
learned so much about these animals, what they eat, and how they live!
Tyson was intrigued!
A bald eagle (we also saw deer, otters, and bears)
A Black Bear (Evan was crazy about this guy!)
All my fellas!
While the littles took cat naps in the van,
I got to hike to Linville Falls, all by myself.
It was peaceful and beautiful. I love waterfalls, so I was
grateful for this little break away by myself.
A tour through the Linville Caverns. Walking inside
a mountain is pretty awesome for these little boys!
Tyson kept saying, "Ooooo" the entire time!
They had so much fun!


Today was so much fun for my boys and they learned a thing or two as well! Over and over again I am grateful for the opportunity to homeschool my kids. Today is just one example of why I love this path God has lead us down! We are making such special memories with our little guys! I am also grateful for the ability to spend a day taking in all of God's creativity. Seeing the mountains, the fall leaves, the waterfalls, the animals, and the caverns takes my breathe away. Our God created all of these things with just a Word. He is so creative and I am incredibily grateful that we get to enjoy His creations!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes