Birthday Fun!


Today is my sweet Evan's 4th birthday! I cannot wrap my around the fact that he has been a part of our lives for 4 years! It seems like just yesterday I met him for the first time. He's been a spunky, energetic, sweetheart from the first day! He is full of life, has a wonderful sense of humor, loves to share, and enjoys taking care of his Mommy! He always rubs my back, opens doors for me, and picks me flowers. He is a true gentlemen! . I love that little boy like crazy!

One thing you may not know about my Evan is that he is absolutely crazy about stuffed animals. He sleeps with "Bear" every night and has an array of other animals at the foot of his bed. He also loves to share his stuffed friends. He often gives Bryan and I stuffed animals to sleep with and Tyson almost always ends up with a bear or sheep in his crib. Since Evan loves stuffed animals so much, I've always wanted to take him to Build a Bear to make his own stuffed animal. It's pretty expensive so we've never gone before but today, we decided to surprise him with this fun treat. 

Evan was so excited to make his very own stuffed animal. He picked out a Pirate Minion and had a great time stuffing it, putting its heart inside, stitching it, giving it a bath, dressing it and naming it! His Minion was given the name "Captain Kevin." Evan has carried it around all day and is sleeping with it tonight. This was definitely a fun birthday activity for Evan! 

Evan is stuffing his Minion!
Dylan is stuffing his Star Wars Bear!
Warming up the hearts for their bears....
Putting in the heart and stitching it up!
Evan giving his Minion a bath...
Dylan dressing Luke Skywalker Bear
Evan is naming is Minion and creating his birth certificate.
Dylan loves typing by himself! 
We're ready to take Captian Kevin and Luke home!
Today I am thankful for a fun day celebrating our second son, Evan. He has brought so much joy to our lives, so I truly enjoy bringing a smile to his face! Tonight as we were tucking him into bed, I asked him what his favorite part of his birthday was and he responded, "Making my Minion!" He loved making his own stuffed animal and I'm so grateful for the ability to do things like this for our boys. I am also thankful for Evan. I could have never guessed how precious this fella would be when I held him for the first time 4 years ago. God has used him to teach me so many things (like patience and flexiblity) but He's also taught me that with every child, my heart grows and fills even more with love and gratitude. God is amazing...He gives the most amazing gifts! And my Evan is one of them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes