We're home!


When we left to go to the hospital on Monday morning, the baby's nursery looked like the picture above. After meeting our precious surprise, Tyson, it became clear that we would need to change the room quite a bit! Bryan worked it out for painters to come this morning to paint the room blue. Dylan got to help too! 


Bryan and the older boys came to pick us up at the hospital this afternoon. It was so sweet to leave the hospital as a family of 5 for the first time. It was even better to come home to Tyson's room painted blue instead of lavendar! Thanks to Bryan, my mom and my sister-n-law, Christie, we have been able to successfully make my littlest guy's room look very boyish! Instead of purple, pink and owls, we now have blue and gray whales! It is no where close to being complete but I feel so much better knowing that Tyson has his own room now!

It's hard to see but the whales on the bedding are adorable!

Coming home
Our first day at home together as been very smooth and relaxed. Tyson enjoys hearing his brothers make their "normal" noise. I guess he remembers those sounds from being in the womb. He even cries sometimes when its too quiet. He has been held by his brothers, his toes have been licked by his doggie, and he has been loved on by his mommy and daddy. I have really enjoyed having my whole family home together!

Today I am thankful to have my little family together in our new home. It hasn't really sunk in yet but we're a family of 5! We have 3 sons! I am also grateful that Tyson has a blue room! He is going to like whales much better than owls, I'm sure! I feel so much better just knowing that he has a room of his own and that we have most of the clothes and things he needs. I am so blessed to have family and friends who have made this surprise a much easier one by letting us borrow clothes and other baby boy items. As we are settling in, I continue to fall in love with this amazing gift God has given us!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes