An Explosive Surprise!

For the past 5 months I have been swimming in a sea of pink and lavender. We found out on May 1st that our third child would be a little girl and immediately started buying pink! We sold or donated all of our little boy items because we fully anticipated meeting "Allison" on the big day. Yesterday, after being pregnant for 39 weeks, we welcomed the most adorable baby BOY into the world! When the doctor said, "It's a boy!" I quickly asked, "It's a what?" She showed me the proof and there is no doubt about it! Our third child is 100% boy! 


I have now been swimming in a sea of shock! I can barely believe it...I have three sons! It wasn't exactly how I pictured things going but I have to tell you, after seeing this little guy's face and holding him close to me, I wouldn't change it for anything! He surprised his mommy and daddy (and everyone else) but I am so glad God gave us this little fella. I have already fallen head over heels in love with him. 



I would have loved to have had a daughter and I have absolutely no idea what the future holds but right now, I am honored to be the mommy of another little boy. God was not surprised and this was no mistake! Psalm 139:13-16 says, "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of the came to be." Each and every day of my pregnancy, my God knew that we had a big surprise in store. He created this child to be a boy and placed Him in our family on purpose. He gave me this son and I will be forever grateful.

After calling our baby "Allison" for 5 months, coming up with the perfect name for our son proved to be a difficult task but Bryan and I stayed up very late deciding what to call this precious boy. We didn't want to go one more day without giving him his own special name. It is my privilege to introduce 
Tyson Lee Shaw 
to the world!  Tyson means "explosive" or "fiery and high spirit!" I believe this strong name is perfect for our fiery surprise! He weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 20.5 inches long. He made is explosive entrance at 4:33pm on September 15th.

 Bryan went out to buy something that wasn't pink for our boy to wear
and he found the perfect shirt, I believe!
Today I am thankful for God's sovereignty and His perfect plans. My Heavenly Father placed Tyson in our lives and He allowed him to be a wonderful surprise for all of us. Although surprises aren't always easy for planners, like me, I am 100% positive this will be turn out to be the best surprise Bryan and I ever receive. I am also grateful for three very healthy sons. Even if Tyson has to wear a pink onesie or use a purple towel, he is a perfectly healthy baby boy. What a precious blessing it is to have 3 fearfully and wonderfully made little boys that are healthy and strong!  

Me and my three sons!
Thank you Father for my son, Tyson. May he always know how loved he is and what a blessing he is to my life, even though I was told he'd be a girl. May his entrance into this world be an example of how he will live explosively for YOU! May You be glorified through him and through our family. I praise You for our wonderful, fiery surprise! Amen.

Comments

  1. Welcome to the world Tyson...an adorable new addition to your family. Bless you all chris x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes