Lessons Learned from a Surpise

I cannot believe its been two weeks since Bryan and I received the biggest surprise of our lives! In the past two weeks we have grown accustomed to the idea of having a third son and we have fallen in love with Baby Tyson! He is the sweetest little guy who hates having his diaper changed and loves to hear his brothers sing to him. He has captured all of our hearts.



There are several simple lessons that I have learned over the past two weeks. I thought I'd share....

1. Life cannot be fully planned. We can try to plan for this or for that but in the end, we just have to take life day by day, trusting that God's plans are what's best for us.

2. My husband is the most supportive, loving man I have ever met. Through out the craziness of the past two weeks, I have seen a side of Bryan that I otherwise would not have seen. He does whatever it takes to lift me up and take care of me. He is a constant blessing in my life.

3. I have the best friends and family. The moment those close to us found out that we had a little boy instead of a little girl, they started blessing us with clothes, blankets, food, prayers, kind words, etc. They made this transition so much easier!

4. My older boys are amazing big brothers. They were disappointed at first but after seeing Tyson for the first time, both Evan and Dylan have been incredibly excited to have a baby brother. They help care for him and talk to him. They love Tyson so much!

5. Technology can be wrong. Even in the year 2014, computers and medical tools can still make errors. I never, ever thought it would happen to us, but mistakes still happen apparently!

6. The heart and it's emotions are seriously complex. I have felt feelings in the past two weeks that have been so confusing. I've been happy and sad at the same time. Grateful and disappointed. Full of love and like something was missing. I've learned to cry out to Jesus with all these emotions. He understands it all even when I don't.

7. When life doesn't go as planned, its best to be aware of the blessings in the changes instead of focusing on what you thought was going to happen. It's then that we see that God's ways are wonderful, even when we don't understand them.

Today I thankful for the many lessons I've learned from our big surprise. I am still processing it all and adjusting to our new "normal" but I can already see God's goodness through this change in my plans. I am also grateful for the surprise itself. Two weeks of snuggling with Tyson and my heart is full of love for this little guy. There is no way I would trade him for a little girl now! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes