The Simple Things...


Today we celebrated Labor Day by having a picnic at the park and then hanging out by the lake. The boys had so much fun throwing rocks into the water. The would have thrown rocks all afternoon! When asked if they wanted to play on the playground or continue throwing rocks, they both chose rocks. It was 90 degrees outside but the breeze on the lake was nice. It was a beautiful afternoon! 




Today I am thankful for a peaceful afternoon at the lake. It was absolutely gorgeous. The boys had a terrific time throwing rocks and spending time together. I enjoyed the breeze and beautiful scenery. I am also grateful for the simple things in life. Rocks, trees, waves, and wind are simple, free gifts from our God that we often take for granted. Seeing the boys enjoy themselves today made me incredibly thankful for these simple gifts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes