Washing the feet of others....

 "Jesus knew that the Father had given him authority over everything and that he had come from God and would return to God.  So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him." John 13:3-5

As part of our family devotions tonight we read about Jesus washing his disciples feet. It's so amazing to think of Jesus being so humble. I mean He is the Son of God. Someone should have been washing His feet! He knew who He was but He still served his disciples by washing the dirt and grim off of their feet. After reading, the boys and I washed each other's feet. Dylan thought it was the best thing ever. Evan was a little nervous so he didn't allow us to wash his feet. They both helped wash mine which they seemed to thoroughly enjoy. There's nothing like personal experience to help us relate to Jesus in this story. 






Today I am thankful for our humble Savior. That he would be willing to wash and dry the feet of his disciples, even those who would betray him, absolutely amazes me. I am also grateful for the opportunity to wash the feet of my little guys (well one of them at least) and also to have them wash my feet. I hope when they read this part of Jesus' story in the future, they will remember what it was like to wash someones feet. I loved how Evan so delicately and thoroughly dried my foot. He took his time and made sure it was dry. It was really such a sweet moment!

Comments

  1. Oh what a touching beautiful blog..i just love reading how you are bringing your sons up in a Christian environment ..oh if we all did that it would be heaven on earth..bless you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris! It is so much fun to teach them about Jesus! Blessings to you and your family as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes