I've seen the goodness of the Lord!

Today has been full of great moments. I've seen the goodness of the Lord all over this day! After 5 years, I finally have complete closure to my worker's compensation case. My boys and I were able to pick up the settlement check this morning! As I picked up that check I couldn't help but think about all that it represents. I am free! Worker's Compensation no longer has any say so in my life! Plus, although the check doesn't make us rich, it will benefit our family as we purchase a new home! It just felt so good to finally hold that check in my hands!


This afternoon also had some sweet moments. I got to hear Baby Shaw #3's heart beat! It is always amazing to hear the heart beat of one of my unborn children! I was also able to schedule the ultrasound that will reveal our baby's gender! We'll be finding out what "little bit" is on May 1st! Dylan requested that we find out on his birthday and that worked out perfectly!! He is incredibly excited! And I must admit, so am I!

Today I am thankful for all the ways I've seen God's fingerprints in my life. 5 years dealing with a worker's comp case hasn't been easy. In fact, its been a long, tiring road but God has been faithful. He is the Promise Keeper! I'm also grateful for freedom! I no longer have to worry about being sent back to work even though I'm in tremendous pain or someone else deciding my medical treatment. I'm not going to miss those things at all! I'm also thankful for that precious little heart beat. It's proof that God is at work in the life of our third child. 

"I will praise You forever, O God, for what You have done. I will trust in Your good name in the presence of Your people." Psalm 52:9


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes