Pop, pop, pop

Something amazing has begun happening with this pregnancy! I've felt it a little here and there the past couple of weeks but today, I've felt this baby moving a whole lot! It is the sweetest feeling. To know that a little person is really in there, really moving around, is so incredible. Everyone always asks what it feels like when the baby moves but I have a hard time describing it.  Well, today I read the best description! It feels like popcorn popping, without the sound effects, of course. When the baby moves its little arms and legs it feels like kernels of popcorn popping sporadically in my belly. Pop, pop, pop.

At almost 16 weeks the baby is about the size of an avocado. The gender can be determined at any time now. (Which we cannot wait to find out!) The baby's ears are working now so he or she can hear my voice. I bet he or she also hears Dylan and Evan when they scream "Hey Baby" into my belly! It's taste buds are also forming and it's growing eyelashes and eyebrows. It's also able to make several different facial expressions. I can't wait to see those sweet little grins, frowns, and squints! 

Today I am thankful for these precious movements I've been feeling! As he or she gets bigger, the kicks will feel much stronger but for now, I love these tiny popcorn pops! I am also grateful for the weekly emails I receive that tell me what is going on right now with my little one. Its so hard to imagine what is going on in there but reading these updates is really exciting. I love picturing what my baby is up to in there! But even without the updates, I know he or she is moving quite a bit! POP, POP, POP!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes