There is a plan.


Almost 3 years ago we decided to put our house on the market. When we made that choice, I would have never guessed that it would take 2 and 1/2 years to sell.  At least a thousand times during those 2 and 1/2 years I questioned God's timing. I hate to admit it but I was angry because it was taking so long and frankly, God wasn't moving at my pace. Now that we are past the selling of our home and living at my mom's while we search for the perfect home, I am so grateful for God's timing. 

Since we moved in with my parents 2 months ago, my grandfather passed away, my stepdad found out he had cancer and had a major surgery, and I found out I'm pregnant. Without a doubt, I can see why God wanted us here for this season of our lives. My boys have brought joy to my mom while she has grieved the loss of her dad. We have been able to help as my stepdad has recovered from surgery and most recently, my mom has been able to help me. Being 2 months pregnant with intense morning sickness means I need a lot of help. I don't want to need help but I do. Thankfully, my mom understands this crazy type of morning sickness because she has experienced it too. So, she has been doing our laundry and cooking meals. I know she would have helped me even if we weren't living here but being right here makes it so much easier.

I would have never guessed that we would be expecting another baby while living with my parents but God knew. He really does have our best interests in mind. He knew that I would need my mom's help. He knew that she would need these little boy's to bring her joy. I just can't get over how perfect His timing is. Life isn't happening by chance, there is a plan!

Today I am incredibly humbled by God's sovereignty. He knows exactly what we need, when we need it, even before we have any idea what is happening. At any given moment, God has us right where He wants us. Its all a part of His divine plan. Honestly, I am ashamed at my tendency to question His timing. Right now, while I'm having such a difficult time, I've never been so sure that God really does have a plan for my life. 

Thank you God for directing our steps. Thank you for providing help when I need it most. Thank you for having a plan for my life. I praise You for You are holy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes