Spreading some joy...

We had planned on visiting a local nursing home on Valentine's Day but 9 inches of snow kept us from it. Dylan was bummed because he made tons of Valentines to hand out. So, this afternoon we decided to take our to trip Abbots Creek Nursing Center. The boys really enjoyed themselves. They handed out over 30 cards and brought a lot of joy to the residents. Evan was a little shy but Dylan went right up to each person, told them his name and also introduced his brother. He also answered their questions and explained why we were visiting. I loved watching him interact with the elderly. He has visited nursing homes his entire life so he isn't uncomfortable around these sweet people. I also loved watching the faces of each recipient of a valentine. Maybe it was better that we couldn't go on Valentine's Day. This way they received some joy and love on a random Sunday as well!







Today I am thankful for an enjoyable time at Abbots Creek. All of the residents were excited by our little guys coming to visit. It warms my heart to see my boys sharing the love of Jesus with these special people. I am also grateful that my children are able to bring joy to the hearts and faces of so many others. Just seeing little ones brings a smile to many of their faces. I am just glad we're able to share our little fellas this afternoon! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes