My Little Helpers

This has been another rough week. Yesterday was one of the worst days I have had with this pregnancy so far and today wasn't much better. When Bryan is working from home he is able to help me quite a bit but when he has to go into the office, I'm left alone with the boys. Don't get me wrong, I love being with my boys, but its hard to be this sick with a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Last night before the boys went to bed, Bryan asked them to be my helpers today since he wouldn't be here. They promised they would! 

My little guys kept their promise! They were so good today. They slept in until 8:30am, which is absolutely unheard of in our family! When they did get up, they came and laid in the bed with me for 45 minutes. It was precious. Dylan was a big helper today and Evan followed after his big brother. They both took very good care of me! 

This afternoon I was feeling really bad and it was obvious that Dylan felt sorry for me. He kept rubbing my face and asking if I was okay. At one point he leaned down and said very loudly into my belly, "be nice to your mommy!" It was so cute! 

Today I am thankful for my little helpers. I am ready to be feeling better but until then, at least I have 2 little guys that are compassionate towards their mommy and want to help me. I am also grateful for this little miracle that is happening inside of me. I've been told that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. If that is true, this baby is VERY healthy! Its wonderful to think of this little guy or gal growing. Its about the size of prune now and its eyes are fully formed. It has earlobes, a nose, and a mouth! I'm constantly amazed at what is changing day by day!

Thank you, Father, for the sweet little one that is making me so sick. Thank you also for the little guys that are so willing to take care of me while I'm sick. I love this precious family you've blessed me with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes