12 years ago today...

12 years ago today Bryan and I went to dinner at Arigato's Japanese Restaurant (my favorite place) to celebrate Valentine's Day. We had already been dating for 6 years because we were high school sweethearts. I had received flowers from Bryan earlier in the day so I wasn't expecting anything else and honestly, I was a little sad because I had been hoping for a while that Bryan might "pop the question" soon. As silly as it sounds, I had known for  years that Bryan was "The One" so I had been waiting for a long time to hear that question! So, we had a nice dinner and at the end of the meal Bryan pushed his chair back and got down on one knee. I was totally shocked! I could barely comprehend what was happening. He told me that I didn't have to wait any longer and he asked me to be his bride. I was so surprised that I couldn't even form words. I remember him saying, "is that a yes?" I just started saying, "yes, yes, yes!" I was almost in tears when the entire table of people started clapping and cheering. All the ladies at the table wanted to see my ring so I got to show it off to everyone. And to top of it off, a little bit later we found out that the couple next to us paid for our dinner! 

Tonight, we celebrated Valentine's Day at that same restaurant, at a table very close to the one we sat in that night 12 years ago. It was so neat to be there again, reminiscing about that special day. The boys stayed with their grandparents so we got to enjoy a nice, quiet dinner together. It was perfect. The food was yummy, I didn't feel sick for once in over a month, and I can't even imagine better company. No one paid for our dinner but I got to sit next to the man who chose me to spend his life with. I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's Day!

Today I am thankful for what Valentine's Day means to me and my husband. It is such a special day for us and always will be. I am also incredibly grateful that Bryan made the choice to ask me to marry him 12 years ago today! Who would have guessed that 12 years later we'd be happier than ever, have 2 little boys, and another bundle of joy on the way. God knew! He has brought us so far in these 12 years. Oh, our God has been so good to us. He has blessed our marriage abundantly! I could never thank Him enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes