I'm REALLY not alone!

I have to admit, being a homeschooling mom can be a little lonely and scary at times. Last year was fine because I taught Kindergarten in public school for years and I'm 100% comfortable teaching that grade. But as I look toward the future, I am a little intimidated. Its also a little frightening to be the only one of so many of my friends that has chosen to homeschool my children. I recently heard the song that says "Though none go with me, still I will follow, no turning back, no turning back." As I heard those words, I felt like it should be the theme song to the beginning of our homeschooling journey. Sometimes it feels like we're the only ones who've made this choice. We do know a few people that will homeschool in the future but we aren't close to anyone homeschooling currently. Many of Dylan's friends will be going to school this year but he will be staying home and I will be his teacher. I know, without doubt, that this is the direction God is leading our family so I will follow...No turning back! 

I'm confident as we travel this path but I do feel alone and slightly terrified at times. God knows that. I think that is why He allowed me to overhear someone talking about HPHE (High Point Home Educators) last spring. As soon as I heard about this homeschooling organization that is based on solid Biblical principals, I looked into it! HPHE offers many exciting things for homeschooling families including field trips, social events, parent night out evenings, field days, yearbooks, proms, and even graduations for homeschool seniors. My favorite thing, so far, are the LIFE classes they offer. LIFE stands for Life Instruction for Eternity. It involves tons of classes for all ages of homeschooled kids. The classes vary from Spanish to Calculus to Dance to US History. Dylan is taking a class that teaches youngsters to write and illustrate stories and also a Creative Movement PE class. We met his teachers today and I showed him where his classes will be.  He is very excited about the fall semester!

We had orientation for Dylan's LIFE classes today. I was absolutely blown away when I walked in. I felt God whisper, "see, you're not alone." There had to be at least 200 people in the sanctuary of the church where the classes are held. Other than Evan taking his shoes off and squealing "shoo wee" during the middle of the orientation, it went really well. The speaker shared that HPHE started with less than 50 families involved but now, there are over 160 families involved! Wow, I'm REALLY not alone!!! 160 families that live in my town also homeschool their kids! God has called these families to do this too! 

Look at this crowd!
My big boy!
Today I am thankful for HPHE and the LIFE classes they offer. I feel honored to be part of such an awesome group of homeschooling families! I am thankful that Dylan will have the opportunity to be involved in classes and activities with other homeschool kids. I am also grateful that God made it possible for me to find out about this organization at just the right time. Now, instead of feeling alone on this journey, I know that I am a part of a huge homeschooling family! 

Comments

  1. Aw, good stuff! Those reassurances can mean so much during the longer days of this homeschooling journey. You are definitely not alone :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes