I don't have to drop my kids off at school!

When I scrolled through my Facebook news feed today, I noticed that almost everyone I know was dropping off a child at their first day of school. As I sipped my coffee, had my quiet time, took a shower, and slowly got the day started, I couldn't help but be overwhelmingly grateful that I don't have to take my kid to school! 

It sounds selfish, I know, but I would have been the Momma hovering and boo-hooing by the door so, its just better for everyone that my kids stay home with me! Plus, I am grateful to have all these extra moments with my children.  This is just one of the many perks of homeschooling! If you've read my blog before, you probably know that homeschooling wasn't always my dream or even on my radar, for that matter. God totally rearranged my life, changed my mind, and laid homeschooling heavily on my heart. Now, I have fallen in love with homeschooling! Each time I come across a "perk" of homeschooling, I have to laugh to myself because I feel like God is continuously showing me why His plan is so perfect for our family. 

Today, as we did our school work, my heart was full of gratitude. I am so thankful that I didn't have to rush my little guy to school this morning. I am so thankful that I am the one that gets to enjoy him as he learns. I am so thankful that I get to teach him and challenge him and encourage him. I am so thankful that even though this isn't the path I've always dreamed of, it is the perfect path for me and my family. I wouldn't have it any other way

I thought I'd share some photos from our schoolwork today. We love being home together and learning together!






Comments

  1. I feel the same way! Although my daughter is only in preschool this year, I am so thankful that I'm able to do it with her at home. I was homeschooled the whole way through - never went to "real" school until college. And I absolutely loved it. I always hoped I would be able to do the same for my children and here I am! Thankful and blessed to be able to. Best wishes on your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw, I'm so glad to hear that you loved being homeschooled! All of this is new to me so I love hearing about good experiences! Good luck during this preschool year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes