All of my needs....

We've been apart of a church wide study called "40 Days in the Word." Each week we're learning a different study method and each day we study one verse and meditate on it through out the day. So far, I've really enjoyed this week's study method of pronouncing the verse. Basically, you read the verse numerous times, emphasizing a different word each time,  and then writing down your thoughts on the verse. I have found that each verse is packed full wonderful truths. I have often rushed right through these verses. I'm not sure why I feel the need to read the Bible as fast as I can but that is how I have often done it. I'm learning through this study that I just need to slow down and really take in what God is saying through His Word, one verse at a time.

Today's verse was Philippians 4:19. It says, "My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." As I used the "pronounce it" study method today, I was comforted in many ways by this verse. I love the first 2 words: My God! Those two words alone are amazing. Paul could have used any of God's names in this verse but he chose to personalize the verse and call God, his God. I believe Paul was trying to point out that God is abundantly available to us. He is ours and we are His. There is so much security in those 2 little words. The next phrase that stuck out to me was: will meet ALL your needs. I find it interesting that Paul included the word "all." He could have just said, "God will meet your needs" but he didn't. He wanted to point out that yes, we do have many needs but, we have no reason to worry. God will meet every single need we have. He will leave no need unattended. He is a thorough God! The last portion of the verse encourages me as well: according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. I often worry about how God will provide for me. Its not that I don't believe that He will provide, I just question how in the world He'll do it. I guess I think He can only meet my needs with what I already have available. This verse totally changes that thought. It says that He will meet my needs according to HIS riches, not mine. It doesn't matter what I have or what I need, God will come through for me! I don't even need to try to guess how He'll do it. I just need to trust Him.

Today I am thankful that God is the provider for all of my needs. Regardless of the need, He is able and willing to provide for me. He isn't sorting through my needs, deciding which ones to provide for. He is providing for every need I have. "I. do. not. need. to. worry." Sometimes I need to repeat those words six words over and over. God's got it...all of it. I am also thankful for this study that we are doing as a church family. Its pretty neat to study each day knowing that my church family is diving into the same scriptures that I am. I also love learning these new ways to read the Word. I've learned a lot through the pronouncing method this week. God's Word never gets old! Its so alive and active! Finding new ways to study, read and meditate is so exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes