A little one-on-one time....

Dylan spent the night with his grandparents tonight so Bryan and I got to spend some alone time with our littlest big boy. Its amazing how much fun you can have one on one with a child. Don't get me wrong, I always have fun with both of my boys but there is something extra special about enjoying time alone with each of them.

After dinner we let Evan pick what we would do for the evening. So, we watched Thomas the Train for about 5 minutes, played with 4 different puzzles at the same time, watched "Baaaneeee" (barney) for about 7 minutes, tickled his belly again and again and then went to Granny's for a "coo-kkkieee." Evan ate his entire cookie before we could even pay for it! As soon he crammed in the last bite he was already asking for more. Bless his sweet heart! At bedtime, before he crawled into his big boy bed, he asked for lots and lots of tummy kisses and tickles, again. He went to bed 30 minutes late tonight but I was loving our time together so much, I could have let him stay up for hours. 





Today I am thankful for these precious moments with Evan. I definitely miss Dylan tonight but I have enjoyed laughing and snuggling with my sweet little fella. He has the biggest, cutest personality! I am also thankful that Dylan was able to spend the evening with his grandparents. He loves one on one attention so these nights at Nana and Papa's house are really special to him. Its nice to know that while we're enjoying some quality time with Evan, my big boy was spending a fun filled evening with two of his favorite people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes