Write them on the door frames...

Believe it or not, we recently decided to engage in a DIY project that involves painting our living room, kitchen, hallway, master bedroom, walk-in closet and guest bathroom (walls and moulding). The best part...we're doing it all this week. As you can probably imagine, we've got a huge mess! We finished the kitchen today and I am really pleased with it. Its a new color and looks so fresh and clean. Before we began painting today, I recalled the verses we recently studied...

"Love the Lord our God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates" Deuteronomy 6:5-9


So, I thought that it would be fun to write scripture all over the house.  I wrote at least one verse on every wall. After painting, I can no longer see the verses but I still know they are there. This house is covered in scripture! I think that's pretty awesome. 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God. Psalm 51:10

"Do not worry about anything but in everything, through
prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known
to the Lord. And the peace of God which surpasses every thought, will
guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4: 6-7

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not
rely on your own understanding." Psalm 3:5

Today I am thankful for Scripture. There are verses perfect for every situation, every occasion, and every room in our home. One of my favorite verses in the kitchen is from Psalm 34 it says, "Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Now, when I am cooking, I can recall the verse I wrote wrote above my stove and it will remind me to to "taste and see." 


You can see how messed up and dirty the old paint is! So glad for
a fresh coat of paint and the reminder to "taste and see."

I am also thankful for our DIY project. I'm enjoying sprucing up our home but the best part is the finished product!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes