Memorial Day


As I was scrolling through my news feed on Facebook this evening, I saw the picture above and nearly busted out in tears. Even as I look at it now, my heart is broken for those sweet children. I can tell by the tombstone that their father was only 3 years older than me. Wow, that man was courageous enough to leave the loves of his life to fight for our freedoms. He didn't make it home and I don't ever want to take that for granted.

Today I am thankful for the countless men and women that have fought for our freedoms. That  little boy and girl will not grow up knowing their earthly father, but my children will because of that man's sacrifice. What a great blessing. 
This is the land of the free because of the brave.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for the freedoms that Americans enjoy. Please help us to remember the sacrifice that so many have made. Please wrap Your arms around the families that have lost loved ones and comfort those who are currently waiting on their loved ones to return home. I pray for safety over our troops and blessings over our country. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes